Guest Advocacy Makes a Difference
PACEM supports our guests in moving back into the community and out of our shelters. Our Case Manager/Advocate works with each of our more than 200 guests each winter, meeting with them one-on-one at least every 14 days. Our goal is to help them along the path from street to home.
Advocacy helped guests acquire needed identification in order to find work and housing. After staying with PACEM for the 2015-16 season,
- 50 individuals (23% of our guests) moved in with family or friends.
- 12 individuals (5% of our guests) moved to a higher barrier shelter, such as the Salvation Army.
- 69 individuals (31% of our guests) moved into permanent housing.
- 33 moved to a market rate apartment
- 33 moved in permanently with family and friends
- 3 moved in to other permanent housing (nursing home, assisted living, and Region 10 programs)