Join the PACEM Staff
PACEM is a mighty little non-profit! We have four full-time, year-round staff plus one part-time, year-round staff. Learn more about our year-round team here.
It takes more than us to create the safe, welcoming environment our guests need. PACEM hires 15 to 20 seasonal, part-time staff members to work in our emergency homeless shelters. Seasonal positions run from the end of October into the following April, and cover all holidays and weekends in that time frame. We’re currently hiring for the 2023-2024 shelter season. Learn more here (PDF).
Seasonal Team Structure
- Intake: 2 staff, 1 on-site supervisor
- 4.5-hour shifts, 5pm-9:30pm.
- Welcomes guests and ensures their comfort and safety during the busiest hours of the shelter night.
- Overnight: 1 staff, 1 on-call supervisor.
- 10-hour shifts, 9:15pm-7:15am.
- Awake coverage to ensure continual monitoring of guest health and safety, and supervises the morning departure.
- 5-hour shifts, 5pm-10pm plus on-call coverage through 8am.
- Lead staff supervising on-site team and coordinating with hosts and emergency services as needed.
Are you a good candidate?
Our team is a diverse, outcomes-oriented group who love the people we serve. Ideal candidates…
- Show up on time and ready.
- Listen actively.
- Respect everyone in our shelter.
- Collaborate to problem-solve.
- Communicate effectively.
- Appreciate the range of experience brought by our guests and each other.
Professional experience in these related fields can be useful: healthcare, hospitality, security, emergency services, social service, mental health counseling, substance use recovery, peer support.